Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cakes and Bball

I made three more cakes and learned some new things. They were for a mega 3-child birthday party, and the parents wanted each kid to be able to have their own little cake. They were for 2 girls (one appropriately name Daisy) and a boy, which for his they wanted to put Cars toy cars on the top. This was my first time making shaped flowers, which I liked a lot. I invested in a fondant rolling mat, which was great! Also added a few more colors to my supplies.




































Also, Jimmy Joe played on our ward basketball team. It's the first time they have had church ball in our stake and I think 30 guys showed up for their first game! He did great and it was fun to see him play.






























What a stud!

10 comments:

April and Davey said...

great job on the cakes. they were awesome. It looks like jj is airballing that layup. Maybe he should retire from bball too and be a runner like me.

Katie said...

Wow, I am so impressed by your cakes, especially the daisy cake. The pink polka dots are darling too.

Rochelle said...

The cake are amazing and the photography just as good! And I love ward ball. Its all we have left.......

The Paredes Family said...

Super cute cakes Joanna! You would never guess it was your first time making flowers - they look amazing!

Elizabeth said...

LOVE the cakes! I just learned how to do fondant at a RS activity a couple of weeks ago. It was kinda fun! But seems like a lot of work. Do you do the marshmallow kind? Anyway, I'm impressed! And I agree...the photography does look great!

Amanda said...

I love the cakes! I want to make one for Zanders first birthday, we'll have to talk.

Rosanne Orgill said...

The cakes were soooooooooooo cute. Zade was so excited for his. Wow, very talented. JJ hasnt played since high school , I bet he had a great time, 30 guys? Wow how did everyone get to play?

julianne orth said...

good job on the cakes! I took the easy way out and used fake flowers!

Shannon said...

Awesome, you and Jessica need to go into business!

Stef Bassett said...

Joanna, you guys are so fun to document everything! Way to go and you are beautiful, it looks like the trip was so fun and you guys are doing great. Congrats on the job too! Way to go! Miss you guys!