Sunday, March 6, 2011

Update On Our Life

This semester I have been preparing to take my Qualifying exam for my PhD. It is a test that graduate students in Chemical Engineering are required to take in order to pursue a graduate degree in Chemical Engineering. In order to pursue a PhD you have to achieve a "high pass." In order to pursue a Masters you have to achieve a "Pass." It was a three day test 3 hours each day and three problems to solve each day. I took it February 24-27. I found out on Wednesday that I got a high pass! I was so relieved. I have been nervous about this test for so long. So in about 3 to 4 years from now I will have my PhD! Joanna's job has been going good. She is learning a lot and is becoming a great PA. She is the Young Women's camp first aid specialist and she is also the secretary in the Young Women's. So she has a lot of meetings to go to during the week and on Sunday. I am the secretary in the Elder's quorum so that keeps me busy too. We are learning a lot being in our new ward and we really like it.

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

Great news and great job Dr. JJ

April and Davey said...

wait no pictures. thanks for the update.

Rosanne Orgill said...

Love it way to go you two, so fun to hear the updates, keep up the great job:) love you two so much

Joanna said...

I had no idea you posted this! lol I just barely saw it!

Joe said...

I just saw this too, congrats to you both