Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rock Climbing

A couple weeks ago, Johnny, Jimmy Joe's brother, took us rock climbing at Big Cottonwood Canyon in Salt Lake. I have never been before, so I was really nervous. (please note the first picture of me looking really nervous). But Johnny knows what he's doing, and we also went with some of his friends who are hardcore climbers, so I felt safe. Nevertheless, it was a new adventure for us. But I conquered my fears! We ended up climbing up lots of times, and it got easier every time. It was so much fun! My feet hurt from being jammed into those tiny little climber shoes, but other than that, no worse for wear!

I am very unsure about what's to come...














Jimmy Joe is ready to go!



















The mountain was roundly conquered



















Mid-climb picture posing


















Look at that arm/leg span!














Chillin at the top

7 comments:

Annie. said...

Ahh! I would have been TERRIFIED. But I am definitely not a thrill seeker in the least. Glad you had fun! You look good climbing, just like a pro.

Joanna said...

Annie! How did you find our blog? I was going to call you and tell you I finally got it together, but you already had commented. I'm glad you found us! It's fun to read what people are up to.

John said...

wow! you guys did look good! And the pictures seemed to make it look pretty hard :)

Joe said...

JJ J, you continue to amaze me both of you, I actually did some rock/cliff climbing hunting for caves and mines when I was about 16 with my brother Colin, in Binghm mountains. He froze with just the tips of his shoes and outstretched hands holding on. He was afraid of falling on he way back. But I talked him down. We had no equipment, and for some stupid reason never thought of our safety, now it terrifird me the thoughts of doing what you are doing. Glad you made it down ok. You conquered the mountain.

Becky and Heath said...

Ok so I added you! you need to add me now! BTW, where did you get your background? its waaaay cute! last night was so fun jo! Heath and I were both so glad you invited us along! we need to do it again!!

<3

Rosanne Orgill said...

I can;t believe that you two did that it looks so scary I get tingles looking a the pictures. way cool you two

Rochelle said...

Wow, Looks like so much fun!!!