Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jimmy Joe is 25!

Happy Birthday Jimmy Joe!! He turned 25 on Jan. 4 and we had a little party with his fam. I thought I'd put up some pics. I made him a German chocolate lion cake. He picked out the kind of cake he wanted and the shape. It was so good! It was my first time making German chocolate frosting from scratch and it was so much better than the store bought kind.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

That's a pretty cool cake.. How did you do that??

Rochelle said...

Happy Bday JJ. Thanks for having a bday so we could party!!! Only 75 more to go until the big one~-!!!!

Annie. said...

Cuuuuuute. I like it!

April and Davey said...

yeah that was fun.
nice cake joanna,
jimmy's arms look kind of skinny.
I thought he worked out

Joanna said...

Amanda, I baked it in a 9 x 13 pan and then cut the shapes out. It was in a cut-out cake book that I have.

James said...

Just a bad angle. That's it.

Rosanne Orgill said...

the cake looks great, it tasted great too. I loved the frosting it is my favorite. So glad to have birthdays so we can get together and enjoy each others company. JJ's arms look skinny because the cake is so big, isn't there an engineer explanation to that or something to explain the optical illusion

James said...

Ya it is an optical illusion.

April said...

HA HA This is funny. All orgill's are skinny just take it jimmy bob joe
That was the best icing GO ORGILLS!