The first week and a half of my break was spent reading all 4 books in the Twilight series. I finally gave in and read them. I knew they were a guaranteed easy, fast, entertaining read, and that's just what I needed. I actually really liked them! They kind of suck you in and you can't stop reading--I loved it! Jimmy Joe wanted to know what all the buzz was about and read Twilight, isn't that great! lol. He liked it too- and, like me, he couldn't stop reading it either.
What was disappointing to us was the movie! I know I'm a little late on this and it's old news by now, but the movie was SO disappointing! Since we were all hyped up after reading Twilight, we indulged ourselves and saw the movie in the big theater (we're usually dollar movie patrons). We were so excited only to be let down by the cheesy/bad acting and no love. Where was the love in the movie?! That was our biggest peeve. And yet it could have been so good. I'm sure I'll watch it again though once it comes to the dollar theater. I'm such a sucker :).
9 years ago

4 comments:
They should have used me for Edward and the movie would have been fine.
I don't know what Twilight is but I know that in a good book you have your own characters in your mind and theyt are better than any movie can create.
Ya, I agree, I never wanted to be one of those people who says "the book is so much better." But it is so true with Twilight. I hope the next one is better.
Did you finish the fourth one yet?
Yeah, I was pretty ticked for the first three quarters of the movie. I finally decided to let it go because a movie is hardly ever as good as the books. They just left so much depth to the story out of the movie. Maybe with a bigger budget the next movie will be better (here's to hoping). OH, and if you want to really good read, they have 1/2 of an unfinished book written and posted on Stephanie Meyers site (a co-worker told me about it). You can only read it on the computer though, can't be printed (kind of annoying). Basically it is the book 'Twilight', but written from Edwards perspective. I really liked it...almost more than twilight. It would be nice if she'd finish it though.
Post a Comment