So lots of things have happened and we haven't really written anything for a while. Most notably, I had my White Coat Ceremony last Thursday night. It was pretty exciting. We got to bring guests, and had hor d'oeuvres before the ceremony started (yummy shrimp, fruit, crackers and cheese and desserts). It was kind of a little formal shindig. Our program's medical director and a community doctor spoke about the significance and symbolism of a white coat and the responsibility we have as medical providers. Then we stood up by our tutorial groups (groups that we practice skills in every week) and our clinical advisor put on our coats. It's exciting! We are finally taking our next step in our training.
Here's the video of me getting my coat. Jimmy Joe got it from the audience!
My tutorial group after getting our coats.

Pretty excited...!

My whole class.

My group again. Jeff in the middle is our Clinical Advisor. He is a PA on the faculty that is over our group, teaches us skills when we meet every week, and gives us feedback any assignments.

Me and Jimmy Joe- the most supportive husband ever!

A picture with some of the girls from class!

The final picture at the end of the night
11 comments:
Yay! Congratulations! You look beautiful!
That is so exciting! What a wonderful ceremony. I know that it means a lot to go through that - very ceremonial. Congrats Jo!
wow! I didn't know you were that high up yet! I always had lots of respect for the one's with the white coats on at the hospital!
That is awesome!!! Congrats!!!!
congrats on the white coat.
looks great on you.
thanks for stopping by today.
that was a nice surprise.
a white coat!!!!!!!!!!! wow, how did that happen. I bet that you are excited. That is quite an accomplishment. I can now say that I know a white coat person. When was this? way to go
Congrats Joanna! I had no idea white coats were a big deal, but now I know and I think it's great! I hope you guys had a great evening. Oh and when you get a chance I have a question about this thing on my body....ha ha just kidding.
Congrats Joanna! That's interesting thay have a whole ceremony for that.
Wow, what an accomplishment, congrats!!
Joanna, congrats!!! That is super exciting!! We are excited to see you guys on Sunday, cute blog!
Stef
I Got so excited watching you put your coat on!! That is so cool. No really i got chills! and it fit so perfect how do they do that.
Post a Comment